Friday, August 27, 2010

Jason Bonham announces Led Zeppelin tribute tour

Jason Bonham, son of late Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham, has revealed plans for the Led Zeppelin Experience tour. Celebrating the music of the legendary English rockers on the 30th anniversary of his father’s passing, the 30-date North American concert will stop in Boston for a night at the Oprheum Theatre on Tuesday, November 2. Tickets, which range in price from $35.50 to $45.50, are now on sale through Ticketmaster.

Bonham, who played with the surviving members of Led Zeppelin at the band’s London O2 Arena reunion show in 2007, was inspired to start the tour after watching “Rain: A Tribute to the Beatles”. To create the special tour, he has joined forces with Annerin Productions, the acclaimed producers of both Rain and “The Pink Floyd Experience”. Bonham will be accompanied by a five-piece band whose members he has yet to reveal. The show will feature special archived footage of the band history, and Bonham plans to record narration that will precede some of the songs.

“I remember when I went to see Led Zeppelin live in 1979 at Knebworth, there were certain songs that stood out to me and will stay with me forever,” recalled Bonham in a press release. “I will also share other big moments in my life, time with my Dad and my relationship with the band. The show is far from being ‘just another tribute band.’ I want to make the show as personal as I can and show how much Led Zeppelin means to me.”

The Black Country Communion, Bonham’s other project with Kevin Shirley, Glenn Hughes, Joe Bonamassa and Derek Sherinian, will release their self-titled debut album on September 21.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

zepp is god

Post a Comment